Friday, March 25, 2011

Morning Terrier Fix

Well after getting back from Kindersley at 4:15 Thursday morning, finishing up at the station at about 6:00, and sleeping till 2:00pm, I'm wide awake at about 3:00 am Friday after doing a Provincial Game in Kamsack... So since I can't sleep, you'll get something to read on your Friday morning... just not from me.

Here are a couple very well-written articles from other dudes.

SASKAWHAT: JUSTIN BUZZEO IS A DREAM-CRUSHING MACHINE

I have know idea WHO writes this "Saskawhat" blog, but the guy is hilarious, in a good way, in a hilarious way. His writing style is excellent, and just very funny. I gotta add him to my blog list. He's got me on his, and did a post about me and my playoff broadcast schedule a few weeks ago. He seems to really know the SJ.

STACKHOUSE SOAPBOX: GET OUT AND WATCH THIS TEAM!

Mike highlights a few underated Terriers in his weekly column. He's been in Yorkton more than twice as long as I have, and says this team has a few "once-a-decade" type of players... so come watch! 1000 fans in Games 1 and 2 against Kindersley is not very good at all, not for a city that's approaching 20,000 people. That's 1-in-20, without taking into account the rural communities, and visiting fans. The only real downside to finishing the first two rounds so fast could be the club's bottom line. They ran a $95K deficit and went to the league final last year, and they had a total of 10 home playoff games. Ahead of this year's final, they've had just 4. IF they play La Ronge, they'll have a maximum of 7 when it's all said and done. They need your support, and you won't be disappointed... they're fun to watch!

I'll get in depth with previews and interviews, but right now the final seems so far away... it's not even the "week of" yet. The players get the weekend away from hockey, so I'm not going to bother anyone until Monday morning.

1 comment:

Saskawhat said...

Thx for the props Steiner - keep up the great work.