Tuesday, September 14, 2010

For What It's Worth... Pre-Season

Three Pre-Season games tonight, but our four teams are done, and I'm pretty happy about that, and I'm sure the players are too.

By now, everyone's ready to get at it for real. Have the games count in the standings, put some name bars on your jersies, and have live scoring online from every rink! Yes, the regular season is upon us, infact it's just 2 days away in the SJHL, with the Melville Millionaires home to the Estevan Bruins on Thursday night, which can be watched on Access 7, and heard on GX94 and www.gx94radio.com .

I titled this post "For What It's Worth", and with that in mind, here are the Pre-Season records for our 4 teams.

Swan Valley Stampeders: 5-2

Melville Millionaires: 3-3

Wayway Wolverines: 2-2

Yorkton Terriers: 2-4

I don't think any of the four are expected to be first place teams this year, but I think they'll all be right in the mix come playoff time... and as the Terriers proved last year, you can go a long way, even if you finish 5th!

I still plan to type up some season previews before everything starts for real. But those are my last priority after prepping for our first broadcast on Thursday and putting together the first episode of "Inside The MJHL", hopefully by tomorrow afternoon.

Need a hockey radio fix? Voice of the North Stars Dan O'Connor has the Battlefords @ Humboldt Pre-Season game on the air tonight. www.cjnb.com .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to Steve Ewen (Dub Hub), Clark Breitkreuz was released by the Vancouver Giants Sunday.What's the chances of his return to the Terriers.

Craig Stein said...

I would guess 100%... as long as he's not picked up by another WHL team. His Jr 'A' rights are with Yorkton. I'll check it out, thanks.