Saturday, August 30, 2008

Long Weekend / Good Luck Double 'D' / Blainer

It was nearly a last-minute decision but I decided to come home to the farm and help with harvest.  I usually do during Labour Day weekend, so I figured I should.  I just feel guilty not being around for Terriers' and Millionaires' camp.  I know it's "only training camp", but I've always enjoyed going, and it helps me as a broadcaster get to know more about some of the up-and-comers hoping to make the team.  Plus it gets a person back in the hockey spirit after a summer away from the game.  I did go to the Terriers' first session on Friday morning, and I'm thinking I'll try and get back for the Terriers vs Mils rookie game at Melville Stadium Monday night.  The two teams meet again Tuesday in Y-Town.

If you're around the area this weekend, here's what you can check out:

Sunday

Terriers' Intra-Squad Game - 6:00 Farrell Agencies Arena
Mils' Intra-Squad Game - 7:00 Melville Stadium
Riders vs Bombers - 1:00 SK time on GX94 / TSN

Monday

Terriers @ Millionaires Rookie Game  7:30 Melville Stadium
Dauphin @ Swan Valley Pre Season  4:30  Centennial Arena
CFL- Toronto @ Hamilton  5:30 TSN - Yorkton's Jordan Matechuk makes his CFL debut (see story below)

------------------------

Voice of the Klippers Darren Dupont took a Sports Director/Play by Play job in northern B.C... he's got a DY-NO-MITE post about his time with the Klippers at darrendupont.blogspot.com - check 'er out.

Changes are also happening for the GX94 Broadcast team... my colour guy from last year, Blaine Weyland has taken a job at CJ1280 in Estevan.  It's a great chance for him to get more involved in sports, working on the Bruins' broadcasts and doing PBP for Big 6 Senior Hockey.  Who wants to do colour?  Actually I've got a fella from the radio station in mind already who I think is interested.  His initials are also BW.  He'll do a fine job if he chooses to be part of it.  Less than 2 weeks away from our first broadcast, Sept 12 when Melville goes to Estevan!  Holy.

Have a great long weekend, hockey's comin!

No comments: