Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Mumblings


- The 18th Annual Richie Hall Red Cross Golf Classic is set for Friday, May 22nd at the Deer Park Golf Course in Yorkton. Although he's the new Coach of the Edmonton Eskimos, this tournament's near and dear to Richie's Heart and he'll be making it back this year, along with several of his former Rider players, including DL Scott Schultz. Organizers Jeff Bahrey and Gene Krepakevich joined me live on the GX94 Morning Show today. Some details:

-- Today (May/11) is the early bird registration deadline. If you register by today, you go into a draw to get your $85 entry fee paid for.

-- Scott Schultz, Jeremy O'Day, Chunky Adams, Kennedy Nkeyasen are confirmed, with Wes Cates and Neal Hughes still possibilities.

-- Supper at Melrose Place after the golf. YES!

-- Everyone's into a draw for 2 tickets anywhere WestJet flies in Canada.

==============

- BIG Congratulations going out to Ochapowace Thunder Head Coach Danny McKay, who led the U18 Saskatchewan team to a National Aboriginal Hockey Gold Medal in Winnipeg this past week. Team Sask beat a Quebec-based team 8-0 in Saturday's final. Former Terrier Trainer Ron Holloway was also on the bench for the Gold Medalists.

- For the first time ever, the Yorkton Terriers' Home Lotto was a complete SELL-OUT. 3200 tickets sold means big $$$ for the hockey club.

==============

I was away for the weekend, and will be again this Wednesday and Thursday after the unfortunate passing of my Grandpa this past Friday morning. It's the first time I've had to deal with this, and I feel fortunate to have had all 4 grandparents around for as long as I have. Still doesn't make it any easier. My only beef with him was since he lived in Humboldt and Watson the last few years he became a pretty big Bronco fan, and he was at almost every game I broadcasted in Humboldt with Yorkton or Melville the last 2 years. He always had time for his 16 grandkids (of which I'm the oldest), whether it was playing pool, going for coffee (pop/chips), or fishing. I appreciate any thoughts/prayers for my family through this time, especially my Mom and Grandma.

- And with me being gone, I also want to thank Randy Brenzen for steppin' up and covering the Yorkton Sports Hall of Fame Banquet on Saturday at the Gallagher Centre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences Craig. All the best.

- Brad M.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and your family.