Friday, May 1, 2009

Hope to Augustana / Local WHL Draftees

Graduating Melville Millionaires' Captain Daniel Hope has committed to the ACAC's Augustana Vikings for the upcoming season. He'll suit up alongside his former Tisdale Trojan "AAA" teammate Torey Dyck (Nipawin Hawks).

More details next week once my holidays are done. ==================

2009 WHL Bantam Draft was held Thursday in Edmonton. I just scanned the 15 rounds, so let me know if I missed any locals... but I found 3 from East-Central Sask and one from West-Central Man.

T.J. Reeve (RW), Grenfell, SK
4th Round, 70th overall - Spokane Chiefs

Mike Statchuk (D), Wadena, SK
5th Round, 108th overall - Saskatoon Blades

Ryan Pulock (C), Grandview, MB
7th Round, 136th overall - Brandon Wheat Kings

Damon Severson (D), Melville, SK
9th Round, 192 overall - Kelowna Rockets

No comments: