Thursday, December 8, 2011

TERRIER TRAVELS PART 7 - PRE-GAME IN BATTLEFORD

Just a quick one as warm-ups are abot to get rollin.

The picture is taken from the side of the rink opposite the booth, while I was shootin the breeze with Pat McKay, formerly of CTV Yorkton. He's now at CTV Saskatoon, and is shooting tonight's game for highlights.

Again, the Terriers got to the rink nice and early, just after 5:00.

Battleford Coach Kevin Hasselberg gave me the 'go-ahead' to chat with Stars' forward Blake Tatchell, and I happened to see him just as he walked in. I didn't feel guilty talking to him now that he's no longer on his 21 game point streak! Tatchell leads the league in goals (29) and points (58), and was a great interview. Hear it during the 2nd intermission of tonight's game, and on the SJHL website.

After that, I waited for Terrier rookie Curtis Oliver to lose out of sewer ball, and talked to him, for my 1st intermission show.

Had my usual Pre Game chat with Trent Cassan. Kale Thomson will get the start tonight against the league-leading Stars.

Voice of the North Stars Mike Feeney was nice enough to print off stats for me, and it's all systems go!

No comments: