Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Almost Here...

Ahhh... the much-anticipated Christmas break.

For all you disappointed morning readers who had nothing new to read yesterday, here's my best effort of having something to say, when really nothing's going on.

Today's my last day of work, and I'm not back until December 30th, and our next Junior Broadcast is New Year's Day, when the Terriers visit the Millionaires.

I was hit with a sore throat last week, and I really wrecked it Friday in Neepawa, it was JUST good enough to read the sports yesterday, and is still 'so-so' today, so yeah, I'm kinda looking forward to the week off. I've done about 40 games with out too many days in between so it'll be nice.

While Jan/1 is our next JUNIOR broadcast, we do have one more before that, with our first of three Dairy Queen Minor Hockey Broadcasts TONIGHT as the Yorkton Atom Concrete Crushers host the Melville Blues at Farrell Agencies Arena. Not a bad game to go into the break with... first of all, I did a couple last year and they were fun! Secondly, it's in my home booth in a nice warm rink. No travel, and no freezing! Here's a look at who'll make their radio debuts tonight.

Yorkton Concrete
#30 Cameron Zamonsky
#6 Luc Gendreau
#7 Dylan Novak
#10 Colin MacDonald (contest winner!)
#11 Jordan Evans
#12 Camden Neumeier
#14 Brett Kemp
#16 Carter Washenfelder
#18 Jordan Stewart
#20 Kyle Merkl
#24 Brody Popowich
#94 Wyatt Forwood

Coach: Lynton Evans
Ass't: Barry Novak
Ass't: Gord MacDonald
Trainer: Guy Gendreau
Mgr: Kevin Zamonsky

I got Melville's roster sent to me too, but had issues opening it.

My wife and I will do our own stockings tonight (still have to fill hers, oops), and then it's off to Saskatoon tomorrow until Christmas, then to my family's Christmas Day for a few.

-----------------

While the SJHL, MJHL, SMAAAHL, etc, do all break for Christmas, a lot of local players from those teams will be busy over the holidays.

Mac's Tournament in Calgary
The Yorkton Harvest open up on Sunday against the Leduc Oil Kings.
The Melville Fox FM Prairie Fire are also going to the Mac's and play their first game on Boxing Day against the Calgary Flyers.

World Under-17's in Timmins, ON
Melville's Jamie Fiesel's an Assistant Coach, while Mils' Goalie Zach Rakochy, Swan Valley defenseman Evan Morden, and Wayway forward Jens Meilleur will all play. Team West has 11 players from Saskatchewan and 11 from Manitoba. They're first game's next Tuesday against Quebec.

This very well could be my last post before my break, although I plan to get some audio at the rink this afternoon from the Harvest before they leave, and maybe some Terrier alumni who I'm told are in town skating this week, so if I get those I might post 'em later. If not, Merry Christmas, catch you on the 30th!

No comments: